Global Surgery Short Course
Oxford Global Surgery Group Events
Monday, 09 September 2024 to Friday, 13 September 2024
Working towards universal access to safe, affordable surgical, anaesthesia and obstetric care.
A five-day intensive course exploring the critical challenges facing those working towards universal access to safe and affordable surgical, anaesthesia and obstetrics care.
This course looks at the provision of these services at a global level, and topics include:
- Beyond the Lancet Commission on Global Surgery
- Digital technology in global surgery
- Equipping the surgical workforce
- The journey to safe surgery
- Research and training opportunities
- Developing cooperative partnerships
- Working in new contexts
- Resource allocation
- Ethics and advocacy.
The course is suitable for those in all disciplines interested in global surgery, anaesthesia and obstetrics. Those wishing to may apply to take the course with accreditation.
The course is run by our multi-disciplinary faculty from Oxford University Global Surgery Group, with invited UK and international guest speakers.