Health systems and resource allocation
Leaders within health systems need to make tough decisions on allocating limited resources in a way that delivers the maximum benefit to the patients and populations they are accountable to.
This theme explores approaches that can be used at macro (policy), meso (organisations) and micro (patients and clinicians) levels to improve decision making to strengthen health systems and optimise resource allocation.
Some of the work being pursued by the team within this theme spans over 20 countries and include:
- Capacity building in resource poor settings
- Surgical system transformation
- Working with decision makers to optimise resource allocation
- Exploring approaches to value-based surgery
- Exploring interventions to prevent the need for healthcare by keeping people healthy.