The Oxford University Global Surgery Group (OUGSG) maintains strong links with the Pan-Africa Paediatric Surgical Association (PAPSA) and the Global Initiative for Children's Surgery (GICS).
Recent research activities undertaken by members of the OUGSG linked to children's surgery include:
- The effects of COVID on paediatric cancer
- Transfusion thresholds in paediatric surgery
- Neonatal pain management
- Trauma morbidity in children
- Surgical site infections in children
- Use of the surgical checklist in children
- Access to paediatric surgery.