The Plastic Surgery Foundation: Ethical Dilemmas in Global Plastic Surgery
Saturday, 24 October 2020, 9am to 11am
This interactive panel of world leaders in ethics and global surgery will explore dilemmas in global plastic surgery outreach through the ethical framework of justice, autonomy, non-maleficence, and beneficence. The panel, which includes Roba Khundkar from the University of Oxford Global Surgery Group, will present different perspectives on a variety of humanitarian models including short-term mission trips, disaster relief, educational outreach, and research collaboration.
1) Introduction: What is Global Surgery Amanda Gosman, MD, FACS
2) Redeeming Global Surgery - The Ethical Dilemma of Short Term Surgical Missions Prem Yohannan, MBBS, MS (Ortho), FCS (ecsa), FACS
3) A Basic Ethical Framework of Principles and its Application to Global Surgery Michael Dunn, BA, MA (Cantab.), PhD, PGDipLaTHE, SFHEA
4) Ethical Dilemmas in Global Plastic Surgery: Divergent Perspectives of Local and Visiting Surgeons, Results of an International Survey Anna Schoenbrunner, MD, MAS
5) Ethical Dilemmas in Quality, Scope of Practice and Global Standard of Care Roba Khundkar, MA(Camb), BMBCh(Oxf), MRCS(Eng), FRCS(Plast), DipHandSurg(EBHS)
6) Ethical Dilemmas in Global Disaster Relief Efforts Nobhojit Roy, MBBS, MS, MPH
7) Ethical Dilemmas in Global Academic Collaboration and Research Faith Muchemwa, MBCHB, PhD, FCS, COSECSA
8) Collaborative Development of an Ethical Framework for Global Surgery Regan Guilfoyle, MBCHB, PhD, FCS, COSECSA
Register in advance at no charge for Ethical Dilemmas in Global Plastic Surgery.
Visit The Plastic Surgery Foundation website.