John Radcliffe Hospital, Level 6, Headley Way, Headington, Oxford, OX3 9DU
NDS Employee of the Year 2019
BSc, MSc, DPhil
Head of Administration and Finance
As Departmental Administrator I work closely with the Head of Department on all aspects of policy, strategic planning, development, growth and sustainability whilst enabling the administrative team to provide the service, resources, advice and information required for the department’s effective operation and growth.
I manage the department's Business Administration Unit and on a day to day basis we are responsible for the non-academic management and administration of the department and associated units. This includes:
- budgeting, financial control and the provision of management information;
- all the financial aspects of the department including purchasing, payments and expense claims;
- research grant applications and pre- and post-award grant management;
- service contracts and consultancy agreements;
- recruitment and selection and all personnel related matters;
- health and safety and security;
- academic and student administration;
- communications; and
- building and facilities management.